Drinking magic mushrooms as a tea has become a go-to method of consumption and one we recommend.
The reasoning is two-fold: The tea is definitely more pleasant to consume than chewing dried mushrooms and it’s much easier on my stomach. And, the time it takes to prepare the psychedelic brew has evolved into a precious ritual that focuses my busy mind and gets me in the mushroom mood.
Magic Mushroom Tea Recipe
- Step One: Weigh out dose of magic mushrooms. If you don’t have a scale, please get one! There’s nothing worse than taking less or more shrooms than you meant to, only to find out a couple hours in.
- Step Two: Grind mushrooms into a powder. You can use a cannabis grinder or coffee grinder for this.
- Step Three: Chop up some ginger and add to mushroom powder
- Step Four: Pour hot water over mushrooms and ginger (and optional tea bag)
- Step Five: Let sit for 10-15 mins
- Step Six: Add honey to taste and enjoy!
Optional if nausea is your main concern: Strain out mushroom bits with a strainer and only consume the tea.
Best Teas for Magic Shroom Tea
Whether you’re going to combine your shrooms and tea—or you’re going to just eat your shrooms whole and perhaps drink tea separately, these teas all have incredible qualities which can make your trip better on the way up or on the way down.
- Chamomile helps with many of the potential side effects of a shroom trip. It calms your digestive system to help prevent nausea and it calms your mind to help with anxiety.
- Tulsi is so underrated. If you’ve been following mycologist Paul Stamets, you’ve probably read about the power of combining shrooms with other mushrooms and herbs.
- Skullcap and Passionflower. They’re often consumed together. These nervine herbs help with anxiety and negative thought loops.
- Ginger. Ginger is an absolute must for anyone tripping for the first time, especially if you’re concerned about nausea.
- Lavender. Lavender is never a bad idea, really. It combats stress and helps with relaxation, which is good if you’re nervous about tripping.
Enter your name and email address to spin the wheel for a chance to win. Do you feel lucky?
Our in-house rules:
- One game per user.
- Cheaters will be disqualified.
- Winning prizes only valid for 24 hours.